Such an unpleasant, contagious disease like onychomycosis is very common. In addition to therapy with the help of pharmacy ointments and tablets, at home you can try methods of treating fungus on the feet with folk remedies. There are many recipes for effective decoctions, tinctures, compresses and more. Before using a particular method, it is worth knowing the properties of mycosis treatment and the causes of this disease.
What is a mushroom
Every fifth inhabitant of the planet has onychomycosis. There are the following types of foot fungus: interdigital and toenail. This disease is contagious, accompanied by itching, peeling skin of the feet. Certain types of fungi cause disease. Infection can occur due to non-compliance with hygiene rules, trying on other people's shoes, excessive sweating of the feet, visiting public places (sports locker rooms, beaches, saunas).
Folk remedies for nail fungus
Due to the rapid spread of the infection, 70% of the world's population has already encountered mycosis of the feet or nails. To get rid of this disease, it is important to properly organize the therapy process.
If you have started treating foot fungus with folk remedies, follow these guidelines:
- It is better to buy disposable saws to treat damaged nails. Otherwise, you will need to disinfect your pedicure tools regularly to prevent re-infection.
- Before using the medicine at home, it is recommended to steam the feet, remove the damaged areas of the nails, loose epithelial tissue, grind the plates and wipe the feet dry.
- During treatment, it is important to pay more attention to foot hygiene. Shoes and clothes should be handled regularly to stop the spread of the infection.
- A patient with onychomycosis should have a separate towel, slippers and other personal hygiene items. Households should buy laundry soap with the addition of birch tar to prevent fungus.
To treat mycosis, kombucha should be infused in sugar solution for about 7 days. The resulting mixture is applied to the affected areas. The composition is able to slow down the growth of fungal strains and kill bacteria.
The following recipe can be used to treat the disease:
- A piece of mushroom is free of films, crushed.
- Rub the resulting slurry into the nail plates, areas of skin damaged by infection.
- Repeat 2-3 times every day until the fungus is completely gone.
The causes of fungal infections do not tolerate an alkaline environment, so baking soda can be used to fight them. A warm bath is prepared for the session: 7 liters of water, 3 tablespoons of soda and grated laundry soap. The feet are lowered into the basin after the soda and soap have completely dissolved. Sessions are repeated for at least 4 consecutive days. Such procedures are recommended to be combined with the use of medications to accelerate recovery.
The acidic environment prevents the multiplication of spores, so it is worth trying vinegar baths, lotions or ointments for home therapy.
Here's the recipe:
- Heat water to 50 ° C, add 200 ml of vinegar. The amount of vinegar solution should be up to the patient's ankle. The legs are kept in the bath for 15 minutes, the session is repeated 3 times a day. After the session, the limbs are wiped dry and clean cotton socks are put on.
- Prepare the mixture: 2 parts of 70% acetic acid and 1 part of olive oil, glycerin, dimethyl phthalate. The resulting ointment is applied to the affected skin and nails. Leave the composition for 10 hours, after which the feet are washed.
Apple cider vinegar
In the early stages, the treatment of fungus on the feet folk remedies can be done with apple cider vinegar. The method is to use a lotion. Cotton pads are moistened with vinegar and applied to fingers and nails affected by the fungus for 8-10 hours. The recipe is used for long-term treatment, until healthy nails appear and the signs of the disease disappear. They take a break of 2-3 days every week.
The range of iodine is not limited to disinfection. Alcohol tincture is great for treating fungus. A powerful antiseptic, it has proven its fungicidal properties, so it is widely used in home therapy. Treatment of fungus on the feet folk remedies based on iodine consists in treating the damaged areas with tincture or using warm baths with this drug.
Methods of using the solution for fungal diseases:
- Apply one drop of iodine on the nail plates affected by the fungus until complete recovery every day
- Add a little iodine to a basin of hot water, keep your feet in the tub for 10 minutes. After that you need to get rid of the infected nail pieces and treat the skin with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
In summer, if you have unpleasant symptoms, you can use the leaves of the poisonous plant celandine.
This plant has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effects. Folk remedies against fungus on the feet based on poisonous plants are currently killing the infection.
You can use fresh plant juice or a prepared decoction of dried leaves.
To get fresh vegetable juice, you need to run it through a meat grinder. After that, the pulp is squeezed through gauze folded in 3-4 layers. 200 ml of juice is needed to prepare the medicinal tincture. 200 ml of 70% alcohol is added and the mixture is infused for 24 hours. You can also lubricate infected skin and nails with the juice obtained after squeezing. However, such a drug will be stored no longer than 2-3 days, so it is better to infuse the juice with alcohol.
Before using the medicine, wash your feet with warm water and towel dry. Alcoholic tincture is used to lubricate the feet and problematic nail plates. Do at least three treatments a day. In addition, the use of pharmacy antiseptic creams is recommended to stop the spread of fungi and speed up recovery.
If it is not possible to prepare fresh juice, you can use a dry herb for decoctions. Celandine is sold in all pharmacies, in addition, the plant can be prepared independently. To prepare the soup, you need to boil 4 tablespoons of dried herbs with 1, 5 liters of boiling water. When the drug is cooled to a temperature comfortable for the body, it is used for baths. Keep your feet in the broth for about 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure regularly until complete recovery. When preparing decoctions, it is allowed to replace celandine with wormwood or a combination of these herbs.
This unique product is actively used by traditional medicine in the fight against various diseases. Propolis helps to remove fungus on the feet due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. The product is used in pure form or in the form of an alcoholic solution. The medicine is used until complete recovery. It is important to consider that this method is contraindicated for people allergic to bee products.
There are several recipes for treating foot fungus with propolis:
- Prepare an alcoholic tincture or buy ready-made at the pharmacy. Apply a cotton swab with a solution of propolis to the infected area. Cover the compress with a dry cotton swab on top, wrap it, put on warm socks. In the morning, you have to remove the fleece and file the damaged nails. Repeat the manipulation in the evening.
- Rinse and steam your feet with hot water. Remove the top layer of damaged skin or nail plate. Apply a piece of propolis on the problem area, leave for half an hour. The procedure is repeated 2 times a day for a month.
This vegetable is known for its bactericidal properties and is widely used in traditional medicine.
To treat onychomycosis, follow these instructions:
- Steam your feet in warm water with baking soda, lemon juice and tar soap for 15 minutes.
- Mix in equal parts: garlic juice, water, rubbing alcohol.
- Use the resulting product to treat damaged nails and skin areas.
Natural plant essential oils are the equivalent of expensive pharmaceutical antifungals. They have cleansing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and help to regenerate skin and nail cells. Different types of essential oils are suitable for the treatment of fungus on the feet: lavender, rosemary, ylang-ylang extract, tea tree. You can use this folk remedy for compresses or hot baths.
- drawers.Add 10 drops of any essential oil to 3 liters of hot water. The feet are pre-washed with water and placed in aromatic water for 20 minutes. After the bath, wrap your feet in a warm towel for 15 minutes.
- Compresses.A small amount of essential oil is heated to 30 ° C. Add 2 tsp. water. The resulting product is soaked in a cotton cloth, applied to the damaged areas of the feet and fixed with plaster. After 40-60 minutes, remove the softened skin or nail, clean with a file.
Neglected form treatment
If the fungus on the feet has already turned into a neglected form and if a large area of the skin of the feet and nail plates is already infected, it is recommended to supplement folk recipes with medicines. Severe forms of the disease lead to the fact that patients have to remove the infected nail plates. To do this, you need to contact an expert.